Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Day 54: At Sea

I definitely jinxed us with my discussion about our here-to-fore great weather. The sea was rough today, and seasick bags were hung from handrails all around the ship. It didn’t make me sick, but it definitely removed any motivation I might have had to be productive. We couldn’t find Monday Night Football on TV this morning, so we attended the destination lecture on Phu My, the port for Ho Chi Minh City and made a decision on which ship’s excursion to take there. 

Lunch was simple, just chips and guacamole for me and pizza for G, eaten at a table in the “cool pool” (the Calypso pool, glass covered and air conditioned) area. It’s become a favorite spot for us to hang out in these tropical temps, and there is always a lounger available, even on sea days. I returned to the cabin to finish the first book I’ve read since we left home and then watch a movie on TV (The Aging of Adaline).  G spent the afternoon at the lecture on Bangkok and the veterans get together. Apparently, many Vietnam vets have booked this cruise specifically to return to the country, and it is naturally stirring up all sorts of feelings. 

I kept dinner simple, salmon and rice and broccoli, just to not tempt fate. Production show Do You Wanna Dance was performed tonight; fortunately, things were a little less bouncy by the time it started. The alarm is set for 5:30am (yikes). Tomorrow’s port of Nha Trang, Vietnam is a tender port, and since we arrive at 7am and the last tender is at 3pm it will be a quick day.

And since tonight is an early night, and tomorrow an early day, I’m actually going to succeed at keeping this short. Go me!