Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 143: At sea

It started late last night, with a sudden spiking of temperature and massive headache that signaled I was getting very sick, very fast. Luckily, I was not waking up at home this morning, buried in mail and laundry and open suitcases, and having to wait until tomorrow to see a doctor. Instead, I took an elevator to see Dr. Bronwyn from South Africa and, by 9:30am left with the antibiotics required to have me feeling fit as a fiddle, if not by tomorrow then the day after, for sure.

I spent the day ordering room service and walking up one deck to the Horizon Court Buffet for hot tea and onion soup, and frying through the last episode of Downton Abbey, but mostly sleeping. G has been out and about, being the social butterfly he usually is, and is right now, at my urging, having dinner in the Michelangelo Dining Room to be followed by the Captain's Welcome Aboard Party and Champagne Waterfall and then production show I Got the Music. 

I am sorry to be missing all the fun, but am so grateful to be here instead of at home. Another few days of rest and relaxation are just what the doctor ordered, and the Emerald Princess offers both.